Tuesday, July 19, 2011

FHE

Last night we had FHE like we do every Monday night with Lily and her family. Isa (Lily´s 5 year old) invited the next door neighbors (who aren´t members) to join in. They invited us to their home and Fernando gave the lesson. Their home was SO nice. They are both doctors and have a 4-year-old son. The walls were white!! I haven´t seen white walls in a home down here...ever! I was just starting to get used to bright green, pink, and orange (I really have become quite fond of the colors). It was a great lesson on faith and the family loved it. The wife, Isabel made some snacks after and I ate it all. To not accept food down here is pretty offensive to the people so you eat what you are given. I did not want to offend these people at all so I got stuck eating some nasty chicken. I now regret it because I didn´t sleep all night from a horrible stomach ache and still am struggling. Oh well, I will live.
This is my last week of Spanish school. Last week was supposed to be my last week but I signed up for one more so that I could take advantage of such a good learning environment. I am taking more hours too. I still struggle with talking but can understand so much more than when I first started!
I´m sure some of you have been wondering when we are going to Honduras (because that was part of the original plan). Well, we aren´t. They needed our help here more. I am a tiny bit disappointed because it would have been cool to see somewhere new but I love it here so much that I don´t mind at all. The academy currently is on a rollercoaster of change. It has been interesting to watch it develop and change and grow. My favorite thing about the academy is, of course, the people. When the students are using the interactive computer to talk it cracks me up to listen to them talk. Right now, one of the students keeps repeating, ¨I am not happy¨ and I love it. My favorite is when the computer makes one of the guys say, ¨Hello, my name is Maria¨. Can´t really describe why it is so great, I think it just makes me happy to watch them progress.
I hope that all is going well for you all at home!

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine you eating a butt load of food! I bet you are so stuffed all the time...
    I am so glad you took another week of Spanish. Where else can you be completely immersed in a language, than there?!

    ReplyDelete