Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Saying Goodbye is hard to do...

Today was our last day at the academy. We leave tomorrow for Antigua then to the city to fly home on Saturday. Man oh man, talk about a rough day. It started when we were leaving the academy this afternoon. We wanted to leave fairly quiet so we went around to the students, shook hands and headed downstairs to say adios to the employees. Well, when we were down stairs all of the students in that class came down and each took a turn expressing gratitude and best wishes. Tear.


Here is the morning class we have worked with. To all you ladies out there, if any of these young men catch your eye, let me know and I will hook you up. They are all QUALITY. I look horrible in this picture because I am an emotional wreck but I am smiling because there is someone in the world that is shorter than me (yep, that would be Russell next to me).

We then headed home because Lily had a special lunch planned for us. We had a BBQ because Ben has been talking about how much he has missed the summer BBQ'n.


It was a great lunch! Can't even explain how much I am going to miss Lily and her family. I will be accepting any donations from people who would like to help bring them to the states to visit. 

Later this afternoon, three of the employees from the academy took us out for hot chocolate. Geez, it is so hard to say goodbye. I have really grown to love these people. Each one of their stories is so unique and amazing. Their trials are so different than ours. Their stories have opened my eyes to the many blessings I have.


Andrea, Alex, Saul, Ben, me. Such incredible people. Some day when you are bored I can tell you each of their stories. Pretty amazing. Saul was made bishop while we were here. He is one of the happiest people I have ever met. He always has a smile on his face, has a great laugh and doesn't take offense to anyone. 

Well, like I said, we take off early in the morning. After that, I am not sure what my internet access will be like but I will definitely post again asap. 


1 comment:

  1. I have time. I want to hear their stories! I'm sad you have to leave Lily!

    ReplyDelete