Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Things I love this week....

1. Guess...........the markets of course!
2. Pupusas. It´s a traditional food from El Salvador. It´s kind of like a stuffed tortilla. Excellent.
3. Lily´s cooking. Oh my heck!! It is insaine good. I am making sure she teaches me as she goes so anyone that wants some Guatemalan grub when I get home, just let me know!
4. Black market movies. They sell movies here in the market that are illegally copied. They have a huge selection to choose from, including new releases. If anyone is looking for something special, let me know!
5. When the peeps practice their English with me. Cracks me up but I know I sound just as horrible when I try to practice my Spanish with them.
6. The crazy street dogs think it is a fun game to chase motorbikes. Yes, it freaks the crap out of me, but it is hilarious to watch (when it is someone else). Perros Locos!
7. Fernando´s laugh. I want to record it in case I ever have a bad day I can listen to it and it will cheer me right up!
8. Watermelon suckers. mmmm....

1 comment:

  1. Ok, you have done it now. Scott LOOOOVVEESS pupusas. If Lily has taught you how to make them that is the first thing you need to make him when you get home. Then your guacamole then your tortillas...then...the list will go on! :) Scott is SO glad you took this trip!
    I need to hear this laugh you are talking about too!

    ReplyDelete