Friday, May 13, 2011

Advice and Pictures

If you are ever in the situation that you have to choose between eating at a Chinese Buffet Restaurant in Guatemala or having your toenails pulled out with pliers, I recommend choice number 2. Of course, I did not have to choose between the two but I did do the first one. Bad decision. The toilet has been my BEST friend the past two days. Ugh. Feeling much better now though. My meals this week have been mostly at the mercy of others. It has been very difficult but things should improve from here on out.
The weather here is PERFECT. It is nice and warm, not too hot during the day and then it rains everyday in the late afternoon because it is the rainy season, but it is a warm rain. Love it.

This is a restaurant we went to on our first day. They just grill everything up on the street there.


So far, this has been my favorite meal. We got the avacadoes and mangos (the size of my head!!) at the street market. SSSOOOOOO yummy!
Ben  in front of the flower vedors at the market.
This is our roomie Franklin from Honduras. The button on his pants broke so he gave himself a loin cloth to cover up. He smiles like that constantly.
Me in the rain waiting for our bus.
My violin performance for the High Priests (and some of their sons). They had 17 of us crammed into this small room. It turned out to be a pretty cool experience. Afterwards, they fed us fried bananas stuffed with beans, hot "morman coffee", fried tortillas with red sauce, and flat cookies. I was having stomach issues so Ben got stuck eating it all....hahaha!



1 comment:

  1. So sorry you got sick!! the best medicine for a while is Sprite and coke. It seems the country is very poor. I'm glad you guys are there to work and do service for them.
    I bet they loved your violin performance, I do not think they have to many oportunities to see somebody playing live for them!
    Take care of yourself! Miss ya!
    Lore

    ReplyDelete