Friday, May 27, 2011

Cause for hope...

Hey all! Besides a fieldtrip with my Spanish school yesterday (which I will post about later) not too many exciting things happening here. My brain is a bit overwhelmed this week with trying to grab the Spanish language. My school is great and I love going everyday. I didn't have school today but I spent approx. 4+ hours studying. So much to learn.

My heart has been heavy this week. When I step outside everyday I am continually reminded how blessed I am to live in the U.S. The way of life here is so hard. My heart literally aches for these people. I know they know no different but I wish they had better. I hold back tears when I see a sick or disabled person. They do not receive the same accommodations and comfort as we would back home. It's so hard to watch them struggle. They have something coming to them in the next life, I'm sure of it. The people here are so pure, which reminds me that life does not always need to be filled with activities and "stuff". What beauty there is in simplicity! The power of now, enjoying this very moment because that is all that is guaranteed to us, is much easier to live down here than at home. I have a lot to learn from this experience and feel blessed to have this opportunity.

I hope you all have a great Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment