Monday, June 13, 2011

Happy Monday!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! We took things a bit easy this weekend because I have been feeling a tad under the weather. Nothing major thank goodness. The weather here this weekend was really nice, perfect in fact. The weather here changes so quickly. This morning when I was walking to the academy from school, it was so stinking hot. About a half hour ago, it started to dump rain (similar to the storm we got stuck in a few weekends ago) and the power went out. The power goes out a lot here, usually for a long period of time. Thankfully, it was only out for 20 minutes this time.
It is clear that the people at church are getting more comfortable asking us to help out. Yesterday, Ben said the prayer in sacrament, taught sunday school and elders quarum. I just gave the prayer in relief society, which I do every Sunday these days. At least I can do something! It was testimony meeting (on the wrong Sunday, I know. They beat to their own drum down here.) There was a non-stop line for people to get up on the stand. Whole families would come up together and wait for each other to finish before returning to their seat. It was different, but great!
Here are some pics from around town...

Lime trees! I would love one of these in my backyard!

A view of Xela. It looks bigger than it really is. Everywhere is within walking distance here.

Fresh goat milk at the market. The peeps literally take a cup and milk the goat. See that pile of garbage on the right side of the picture? It looks like that everywhere. They NEED garbage cans! So gross!

Meat that has been sitting outside in the sun and covered in flies, anyone? YUM.

I love this pic.

1 comment:

  1. Hope your feeling better! Dad just got some shots in his back. Hope this helps.He's just taking it easy now. The dogs are just playing like they do. It's funny to watch them. Snickers gets upset and starts to bark. I think she really wants to join in but don't know how. The Bountiful Car show is this weekend. Dad wants to put on the Rancharo. Hope it don't storm. It's been in the 70's. Nice but could be a little warmer.TJ's been staining the fence at grandma Sharichs. I've got to work all week but Tues. I'm going to just mess around and hopefully find something to do fun.Well I'd better go find something for dinner. Take Care and We love and Miss you. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete