Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My favorite things this week...

1. The markets! Have I mentioned 3 giant mangos for 25 cents, 12 avocadoes for 1 buck, and a dozen bananas for 35 cents??? LOVE IT. On the other hand, I DON¨T love that I am gaining weight. It’s hard not to eat so much when food is so cheap!
2. When the men here get hot, they pull their shirts up to their chest, which makes it look like they are wearing a belly shirt. The best ones have big guts.
3. That everyone greets everyone-even if you don´t know each other.
4. They have absolutely no driving laws and fewer accidents then we do.
5. It cost 16 cents to take the local bus and they come around every five minutes. Very convenient (and not scary like the ones that head out of town).
6. Plantanos chips.
7. The weather.
8. My friend Lily. She makes it feel like we have family here.
9. Frequent parades with excellent bands. Who doesn´t love a good band?

No comments:

Post a Comment